The Democratic Party’s election loss is not healing any within its camp.
Now outgoing President Obama has ordered a review to see if/how Russia infiltrated (hacked) their way into influencing the recent US elections.
If there is one country that knows how to disrupt other nations general elections it is Uncle Sam.
- Their involvement influenced the killing of Chile’s President Salvador Allende in the 1970s and the rise of the dictator General Pinochet.
- Not forgetting the CIA actions to destabilise democratic elected Latin American governments such as Jamaica and Guatemala.
- Haitian elections continues to be a punching bag for US administrations up to today.
- We can also add the CIA involvement across Africa where leaders like Patrice Lumumba were killed with the support of the US government.
- During the last decade elections in Eastern European countries such as the Ukraine and Georgia had interference from the US administration.
No surprise if the Russians had hacked email accounts of DNC officials. China must have done so too given their recent history in the hacking of US companies & other groups. Other countries are bound to have hacked the DNC servers and Hillary Clinton’s private email account.
But in the intelligence community Western allies will be tapping or hacking each other’s system’s with similar tactics. Golden Rule: Just don’t get caught!
- Germany’s Angela Merkel’s phone was tapped by the US through the National Security Agency (NSA) for years.
- Israeli intelligence tapped the phone of US Secretary of State John Kerry.
- In the U.K. security services (such as GCHQ) listens to everybody, friend or foe.
You get the feeling the review announced by Obama has already been written and will be used to taint the early stages of the Trump administration. That politics for you.
I still find it hard to understand how US govts – who act so concerned over cyber security – allowed their top diplomats (Hillary Clinton & Colin Powell) to use private email accounts for govt business.
If a U.K. foreign affairs minister did something similar – even 15 years ago – they would be fired.
Ironic that Obama ordered this review in the same week he told CNN that he and US intelligence agencies were surprised by the rise of ISIS across Iraq and Syria. That conclusion by Obama is so hard to believe but if true is really scary.
[“This administration has no interest in crushing in ISIS according to our information and our data. We approached the State Department about ISIS before ISIS was in the headlines and we were ignored.” – to Dr. Sherkoh Abbas, chairman of the Kurdistan National Assembly of Syria]